Vidya BalanPublished: August 29, 2015
Vidya Balan (Tamil: வித்யா பாலன்; born 1 January 1978 in Palghat (now Palakkad), Kerala (source: Imdb)) is an Indian actress, who appears in Hindi films. After graduating with a degree in sociology, she started her career starring in music videos, television shows and commercials, before appearing in feature films.
Balan made her movie debut in the Bengali film, Bhalo Theko in 2003. She later made her Hindi film debut with Parineeta (2005), which earned her a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut as well as her first Best Actress nomination at the same ceremony. She subsequently essayed a variety of character roles, receiving her first commercial success with Rajkumar Hirani’s Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006). She subsequently appeared in such films as Guru, Heyy Babyy (2008) and Bhool Bhulaiya (2008), the latter earning her another Filmfare nomination.
In 2009 she appeared as a single mother of a child suffering from progeria in R. Balki’s Paa, her performance in which ultimately won her a Best Actress award at Filmfare. 2010 saw the release of Ishqiya, starring Balan in a role for which she was praised and awarded, and she followed it with her first real-life character of Sabrina Lal in the biopic No One Killed Jessica.
|Real Name||Vidya Balan|
|DOB||1 January 1978|
|Place of Birth||Poothamkurussy, Puthur, Palakkad, Kerala, India|
|School||St. Anthony Girls’ High School, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier’s College, University of Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Reading, Doing social work|
|Debut movie||Bhalo Theko (Bengali), Parineeta(Hindi)|
|Awards||National Film Award for Best Actress, Best Female Debut, Best Actress, Critics Award for Best Actress|
|Parents||P. R. Balan,Saraswathy Balan|
|Spouse||Siddharth Roy Kapur|
|Date of Marriage||14 December 2012|
|Foods||Thai, Home made Dishes|
|Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Al Pacino, Morgan Freeman, ulia Roberts, Kate Winslet, Julie Delphy|
|Costume||Tracks and salwar kameez|
|Movies||Before Sunrise, Before Sunset|
1. Languages Known: Hindi, English, Marathi, Tamil, Malyalam, Bengali
2. Vidya born in a good family background and her father ‘P R Balan’ is Vice President of ETC Channel.
3. She participated in social activities and awareness for AIDS Institute of Harvard.
4. Vidya has excellent command over regional and national language including Tamil, Hindi, Bengali and Malayalam.
5. She is involved in many campaign as well in the events like “AMFAR” – American for AIDS Research and some others
6. Before the role in film Parineeta, she had gone for 40 s screening as well 17 Make up test