Shah Rukh Khan writes to Jayalalithaa, donates Rs 1 crore to ChennaiPublished: December 8, 2015
Bollywood top star Shah Rukh Khan has donated Rs one crore for the victims of Chennai flood.
In a letter to Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa, he said, “Dear Madam Chief Minister, We are all deeply affected by the devastation wreaked on the city of Chennai by the fury of nature. At the same time, the resilience of the people of Chennai and the way in which the community has come together to help each other and face this adversity is commendable and makes us all feel proud.”
He said further: “On behalf of Red Chillies Entertainment and Team Dilwale, please accept our contribution of Rs 1 Cr (Rupees One Crore) to the CHIEF MINISTER’S PUBLIC RELIEF FUND.”
We appreciate the massive effort undertaken by your government and everyone in Chennai, to deal with this calamity and we hope our contribution will help in a small way, he added.
It is to be noted that about 280 people have died so far across Tamil Nadu since torrential rains on December 1 submerged tracts of Chennai and caused havoc and devastation.